Workplace Health and Safety (WHS)
At ICAM Australia, we understand that Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation and the overarching responsibility to keep people safe can appear overwhelming and daunting.
We can assist by ensuring that organisations and individuals understand the duty of care they have to operate safely and comply with regulatory obligations.
ICAM Australia has a proven capability in applying knowledge, training and systems to help organisations meet their compliance obligations and enhance operational safety and efficiency through a range of services.
Benefits of WHS Systems
Creating a safe work environment is a legal requirement and critical to the long term success of an organisation or business. The key benefits of an effective WHS system include:
- Reduced risks and effective risk management
Reduced injuries and illnesses
Compliance with legislative requirements and employee responsibilities / accountabilities
Reduced workers compensation costs
Improved corporate governance
Improved safety and operational efficiency
Improved personnel involvement and morale
Improved industry and public confidence
Under Australian legislation businesses and organisations are legally obliged to:
- provide safe work premises,
- assess risks and implement appropriate measures for controlling them,
- ensure safe use and handling of goods and substances,
- provide and maintain safe machinery and materials,
- assess workplace layout and provide safe systems of work,
- provide a suitable working environment and facilities; and
- have insurance and workers’ compensation insurance for employees.
At ICAM Australia we can assist with a variety of services in relation to WHS such as:
Developing, reviewing or enhancing WHS policies, processes and procedures
Safety Culture Assessments
Behavioural Safety Programs
Development of Safety Cases
Auditing / benchmarking
The expertise and communication was outstanding. All findings were accepted and an action plan raised to implement the recommendations.
Have any questions?
Contact us to discuss your needs